It’s Friday. That means another edition of Five Fandom Friday from geeky bloggers all over thanks to the genius of Super Space Chick and The Nerdy Girlie. Today’s topic: My Favorite Things About Winter. Let’s get this straight. I am not a winter person. I was born on the summer solstice and despite my constantly pale glowing in the moonlight skin I do love the sun. I tend to suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder in the winter so it’s definitely not my favorite time. Plus, I am constantly cold (ask anyone about my ice cold hands and feet year-round) so the winter chill is not so much fun. That said, here are five things that help me get through the winter:
Wearing Scarves and Sweaters
I hate being cold and so I have a lot of really wonderful sweaters and scarves. And being a California girl, even one who is always cold, winter is really the only time I can wear those sweaters and scarves without overheating.
This is rather self-explanatory, isn’t it? Wintertime means several holidays where I get paid time off and get to spend time with friends and family celebrating the joys of the season.
Hot Beverages and Hot Soups
While you can eat hot soups and drink hot beverages year-round (and I do), there is something that much more satisfying about wrapping your hands around that container holding a hot liquid on a very cold day. Am I right?
Trees Without Leaves
Truthfully, I love every kind of tree year round but the spindly treeless shapes spotted in the wintertime are just so unique. I could start at them for hours looking at the shapes formed by each overlapping, curving branch.
I love movies and television and music. And I love random bits and facts that can be used as trivia. It’s only natural then that I would love award shows. I’ve written about my love of award shows before. The majority of the big award shows all take place in the winter, giving me something to actually like and look forward to in this drab season.
And that’s my list of my favorite things about the winter for Fandom Friday. What are your favorite things about the winter? Read the winter favorites of these other blogging ladies:
And you can head over to twitter and search #Fandom5 to find even more things to like about the winter. But what’s your favorite part of winter?
Explore Past Fandom Friday Topics:
- October 31st: The Halloween Candy I Always Hope For When Trick-Or-Treating
- October 24th: My Must See List of Halloween Movies
- October 17th: Characters I’d Love To Dress Up As For Halloween
- October 10th: Geeky Clothing Items I Need In My Closet Immediately
- October 3rd: Gateway Fandoms That Made Me Who I Am Today
- November 7th: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better
- November 14th: Smart Phone Apps I Cannot Live Without
- November 21st: Characters I Would Invite To My Thanksgiving Feast
- November 28th: Black Friday Purchases I Would Sacrifice A Night Of Sleep For
- December 5th – My Favorite Holiday Songs To Spread Cheer
- December 12th – Presents I Want Santa To Bring Me
- December 19th – My Must See List of Christmas Movies
- December 26th – New Years Blogging Resolutions
- January 2nd – New Years Fandom Resolutions
- January 9th – My Favorite Things About Winter