It’s Friday. That means another edition of Five Fandom Friday from geeky bloggers all over thanks to the genius of Super Space Chick and The Nerdy Girlie. Today’s topic: Favorite Fandom Accessories I Own. I have so many different fandom related items; it was difficult to choose at first, but then certain items clearly rose above the rest.
Star Wars Dooney and Bourke Purse
I’ve never purchased an expensive purse for myself. But I finally did for this one. One, I just fell in love with it and I think its fantastic (despite what many others are saying about it). And two, it celebrates my achievement for completing the Rebel Challenge in the Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend by RunDisney (for those who don’t know what that means: I ran a 10K on A Saturday morning and then did a half marathon the following Sunday morning).
Batman Phone Case
I was delaying the upgrade from the iPhone 4S because I loved my Haunted Mansion wallpaper phone case too much. But when I couldn’t take the weird quirks anymore and finally broke down to upgrade my phone, I knew I had to find a case I loved. This Batman one certainly works for me. It’s a brilliant design created by words that described Batman’s character (determined, strategic, steely, wealthy, orphaned, etc.).
Eloian Talent Pipes Necklace
My sister has been brilliant at supporting my geek loves I introduced her to Patrick Rothfuss’s Kingkiller Chronicles and she enjoyed the books and clearly understood the meaning of the talent pipes. I was surprised, humbled, and overjoyed when she gifted me the necklace several years ago. It still means the world to me.
Haunted Mansion Madame Leota Scarf
I love Disneyland (and visit way more often than I probably should). The Haunted Mansion has always been my favorite ride. Needless to say I was stoked when they started releasing more merchandise based on the ride. I’ve got pillows, and candle holders, an hour glass and more. Recently I added a new scarf to my collection and it features Madame Leota!
Game of Thrones Stark Wine Glass
Once again I owe huge props to my little sister (I really do have the coolest sister!). She gifted me with a set of the Game of Thrones wine glasses from the HBO shop, I never drink wine without House Stark. And heaven help you if you try to take my House glass from me. I’m more than willing to let you drink from Lannister, Baratheon, or Targaryen glasses, but leave the Starks to me.
And those are some of my favorite fandom accessories for today’s Fandom Friday. What are your favorite fandom accessories? And you can head over to twitter and search #Fandom5 to find even more fandom accessories to potentially add to your own collection.
Check out prior Fandom Friday topic entries below.
- October 3rd: Gateway Fandoms That Made Me Who I Am Today
- October 10th: Geeky Clothing Items I Need In My Closet Immediately
- October 17th: Characters I’d Love To Dress Up As For Halloween
- October 24th: My Must See List of Halloween Movies
- October 31st: The Halloween Candy I Always Hope For When Trick-Or-Treating
- November 7th: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better
- November 14th: Smart Phone Apps I Cannot Live Without
- November 21st: Characters I Would Invite To My Thanksgiving Feast
- November 28th: Black Friday Purchases I Would Sacrifice A Night Of Sleep For
- December 5th – My Favorite Holiday Songs To Spread Cheer
- December 12th – Presents I Want Santa To Bring Me
- December 19th – My Must See List of Christmas Movies
- December 26th – New Years Blogging Resolutions
- January 2nd – New Years Fandom Resolutions
- January 9th – My Favorite Things About Winter
- January 16th– Conventions I’ve Been To Or Wish To Attend
- January 23rd – Songs That Changed My Life
- January 30th – Favorite Fandom Accessories I Own